Fitness, Age and Suitability for Jumping
- Any persons aged 16 or 17 will need the BPA Membership Agreement Form (parental consent form) signed by a parent or guardian and will need to bring this form along on the day of the jump. Failure to present this form on the day will prevent your jump or ground training from taking place and you will forfeit your fees.
- You can certify yourself fit to jump using the BPA medical from (link on the booking page). Any persons with a pre-existing medical condition (as noted on the BPA Medical Declaration of Fitness Form), has to have the Form signed by a GP and needs to bring this form along on the day of the jump. Failure to present this form on the day will prevent your jump or ground training from taking place and you will forfeit your fees.
- The maximum weight for a student is 17½ stone fully clothed with weight being in proportion to height and anyone between 16 and 17½ stone will need to contact The AFF School in advance to ascertain their suitability to attend the course. Please note, you will be weighed on the day and if you exceed this weight, you will be unable to jump and will forfeit your course fees.
- An AFF School instructor, whose responsibility it is to make the final decision to allow or refuse a jump, will assess the suitability of a student for skydiving and make appropriate recommendations.
- It is you the student who has the responsibility to not board the aircraft or to jump and to inform a staff member at “The AFF School” if you are not medically fit, are not a current BPA member, haven’t received the necessary refresher training or for any other reason that might interfere with or prevent you making a safe jump.
Administration and Airfield Rules
- You must arrive at the Centre at your allocated arrival time to complete the training and administration. Failure to do so may result in the loss of your course fees and being unable to carry out your jump.
- You must be prepared to remain for the full period of the course and that means from 0830 in the morning until dusk or for the whole weekend or week.
- All Administration that is necessary must be completed before jumping.
- The AFF School cannot accept any responsibility for changing or postponing operating days and this is normally (but not exclusively) due to bad weather, however we will transfer the booking to an alternative date at no extra charge. Skydiving is an all day event, and is definitely a weather dependent activity. Conditions need to be suitable for skydiving to commence, and it may be necessary to stop operating when conditions deteriorate.
- The rules and regulations of the centre/club and airfield must be adhered to at all times.
- Vehicles may only be parked in the space sign posted “Visitors Car Park”.
- The AFF School cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to any personal property whilst on the premises of business or within your vehicles in the car park.
- Children need to be under direct adult supervision at all times whilst at the airfield and are not allowed past the barrier fence onto the runway or in the hangars or the airfield. It is an active airfield with inherent risks and dangers.
- No persons are allowed past the barrier fence to go onto the active airfield grassed areas unless accompanied by an instructor or pilot. The hangars are not to be entered without prior permission by the airfield staff, and one needs to be accompanied by ground staff.
- Walking up to any aircraft unsupervised is strictly prohibited and is not allowed by the general public.
- We would prefer no dogs, but if you can make no other plans then they must be kept on a lead at all times and are not allowed inside any building. There must be absolutely no risk of them interfering with the aircraft operations.
- Smoking is not permitted within the parachute centre and while wearing skydiving equipment.
- No alcohol is to be consumed 8 hours before the jump.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol, stimulants, recreational drugs or prescription drugs that may interfere with their ability to jump will not be allowed to, and should not undertake any part of a parachute programme and no refunds will be given.
- Full attention must be given to the training provided, it is at the Instructors discretion if a student is allowed to continue with the programme, if you not demonstrating the ability to follow instructions or learn the subjects and no refunds will be given if the instructor deems you unsuitable to jump.
- By attending one of our courses you accept that parachuting is a risky activity and thereby indemnify the parachute school instructors and all its officers for all sums that become due by the instructors or the individuals in their capacity as participants and instructors, as a result of any loss whether derived from an insurance claim, criminal or civil legal action, or arbitration, or any of the foregoing which is wholly or partly due to any act or omission on their part and that notwithstanding whether the act or omission is deemed to be negligent by any court in Europe the USA or Worldwide.
- Inappropriate behaviour towards any of our staff members at the airfield will not be tolerated, and people may be asked to leave.
- You are most welcome to bring guests, but you are responsible for your party while you are here.
- All guests at the airfield should be aware that there are other businesses using the shared facilities and therefore behave appropriately at all times.
- In the unlikely event of a video and/or stills pictures failure, a refund will be issued for the payments thereof, however no refund or re-jump will be issued for the AFF jump.
- Video may not always be available it depends on cameraman and camera availability and is at the discretion of the AFF instructor.
- In some circumstances you will be expected to jump rather than wait for a cameraman.
Refunds, Repeat, Consolidation Jumps and Vouchers
- Deposits and course fees are non-refundable and you must schedule your course within 2 months from date of payment.
- Once the Ground Training has started, payments are not refundable or transferable and are valid for 3 months from date trained. To be clear there is no refund of any fees once the ground training has started. If you are unable to jump (e.g. due to unsuitable weather conditions), another date that is agreeable for both parties will be arranged, no refunds will be issued.
- Regulare attendance at the DZ is essential if you are to safely and effectively pass the course (that means at least 3 weekends a month). We expect you will finish the course in 1 to 4 weeks but we allow you up to 3 months after which time (unless there are extenuating reasons) the course is void and you will not be refunded.
- A retrain charge of £150 will be applied if you don’t attend for or take revision training for 3 months.
- Vouchers are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Failure to book a date, complete training and all administration before the expiry date will lead to the loss of the voucher. No extensions will be given. Gift vouchers are not transferable are non refundable they are for use by a 3rd party (i.e used as a gift and are not intended for use by the person that bought them). Failure to arrive on your booked date will result in the loss of the gift voucher.
- The Parachute Centre and the AFF School is limited on aircraft capacity and AFF instructors are hired and placed on site depending on “student bookings” therefore deposits and fees are non-refundable in the event of a person not arriving for the initial or subsequent training or jumps. Cancellations or changes must be notified to The AFF School within 14 days of the jump day and a £150 rebooking fee may be charged. To be clear if you don’t show for your training or jump or if you decide to cancel a jump (at any level) you will be charged at least a £150 and or forfeit your course/jump fees.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- No refund will be issued after a refusal to jump and exit the aircraft and a repeat attempt (even if a second fee is offered) may also not be allowed.
- Skydiving is a weather dependant activity; if you have been allocated a time slot and are unable to jump for any reason then you will need to re-book for another date and time. No refunds will be issued.
- Occasionally it will be necessary to delay or cancel jumps because of unsuitable weather, the occasional lack of serviceable aircraft or suitable instrcutors for your weight or experiance level. You will have to accept that occasionally not “everything falls into place” (pardon the pun) and that regular attendance and persistence on part of the student will be needed.
- AFF Re-jumps (made when the student fails to achieve the learning objectives on a particular level) are made at the discretion of the instructor; the cost is on our scale of charges “A La Carte Rate” and is in addition to the course fee.
- Consolidation jumps (of which there are 10) are charged in addition to the course fee.
Insurance and BPA Membership
- Full BPA membership (which is required after the 30 day temporary membership has expired) is at the cost of the student and is paid directly to the BPA.
- Additional Insurance for personal, 3rd party, medical or “loss of earnings” etc when jumping at a BPA club in the UK is at the discretion of and the responsibility of the student.
- When attending courses with us abroad it is the student’s (or participant’s responsibility) to ensure they have adequate medical insurance and 3rd party liability insurance. The insurance should specifically include skydiving and also cover repatriation costs.
- By attending a course or jumping with us you agree, by default, to membership of the Parachute club at Peterlee or any other BPA or USPA club or private parachuting facility you attend with us.